We’re working on improving Campbells Creek Recreation Reserve
Council has endorsed a master plan for Campbells Creek Recreation Reserve, which will guide the planning for significant improvements at the site.
The plan incorporates feedback from the community and local user groups, and includes a range of proposed improvements such as:
- Netball court upgrade
- Pavilion upgrade and extension
- Playground improvements
- Development of new half-basketball court
- New public toilet
- New trees and indigenous planting to increase shade and shelter
- Increased seating along ovals and courts
- Development of new disc golf areas
- Increase pedestrian connectivity by creating path connections through the reserve to the town centre
- Improved and formalised car parking zones
- Secondary vehicle access (event use only)
One of the priority projects that Council is seeking to pursue is the replacement of the existing netball court and associated infrastructure such as lighting, player shelters and path connections. Council is submitting an application to the State Government’s 2023 Country Football Netball Program to seek funding towards this important project.